Saturday, 19 April 2014

Q is for Quintessential

Yes, I know, I have missed out several letters. It simply did not feel like fun to make myself do something I did not want to do. So let's focus on the fact that here I am , writing a blog post about Quintessential. I like the letter Q, it is quirky, and I like that the small case q is so different from the large case Q.Who invented the letter Q I wonder. Quintessential is a delicious word. I wondered whether I ought to have chosen Quintessence instead- notice how they both now appear? I noticed a shop called Quintessential in the closest city to where I live. It sells incense, candles, clothes, smudge sticks - it must sell other stuff too. It made me wonder about the meaning of Quintessential. I looked it up on merriam-webster.com ...it did not give a definition of this word, but did tell me about Quintessence, saying that Quintessential is an adjective . Definition of QUINTESSENCE the fifth and highest element in ancient and medieval philosophy that permeates all nature and is the substance composing the celestial bodies the essence of a thing in its purest and most concentrated form : the most typical example or representative Examples of QUINTESSENCE the Parthenon in Greece was considered the quintessence of the perfectly proportioned building a selfless desire to help others is the quintessence of the virtue of charity Origin of QUINTESSENCE Middle English, from Middle French quinte essence, from Medieval Latin quinta essentia, literally, fifth essence First Known Use: 15th century Having read all of this I am now captured by parts of the word, 'quinte' is French for essence.... So now I am flittering all over the place. I have a St Germain quintessence, which I use before I attune people to the Violet Flame or if we work together to invoke and play with the 7th Ray. Hmm- glad I felt like blogging today

No comments:

Post a Comment